Trying out something new. If nothing else, I should at least be able to share a monthly handful links that struck a chord with me.
- The racism, stereotypes, and wrong conclusions in some attempts to bring attention to poverty.
- The transformative potential of Village Savings and Loan Associations profiled in Small Wonder, from the Economist.
- In the spirit of the season: “‘Yes we know it’s Christmas’ say African musicians“: “Speaking at the launch of the single, whose proceeds will go towards teaching discipline, literacy and contraception at British schools, composer and singer Boomtown Gundane said that for years he had been irked by Geldof’s assumption that hungry Africans were also stupid.”
- Nerdily amusing correlation-causation graphs.
- Came across this gem while [distracted from] writing cover letters recently.
Next update should be from the Philippines in the new year. Happy 2012!